Urban Lion Polo Shirts
Polo shirt is an essential top wear in any men's wardrobe. Agree? Perfect for summers. Looks smart, feels comfortable and super easy to dress up or dress down.
Most of our India is a sub tropical country and that means very hot summers, humid rainy season and mild winters. So here its particularly difficult to dress sharp. Because it's hot and humid out there. You are limited to very few pieces of clothing, you can't layer up your outfit as much as you like.
Well, Urban Lion polo shirts can definitely turn these problems around as it is made of Premium quality cotton which is breathable and comfortable in Indian Climate.
Polo shirt is a super versatile piece of clothing. You can wear it with shorts when you're on the beach or wear it with nice fitting chinos and throw a cool linen blazer on it to instantly be work ready. It's that simple!
A polo shirt is a perfect balance between casual and formal. It's formal than a crew neck tee and casual than a dress shirt. And it works perfectly for the Indian climate situations.
To keep yourself stylish comfortable, you don't need to look sloppy, just get a few cool Urban Lion polo shirts in different colors and patterns and wear them however you want to look sharp and stay comfortable in the summers.
We recommend having 3 polo shirts (one black, one grey and one any dark color like bottle green, navy blue etc.) however depending on your style you can pick any color or pattern you like.
The Fit Of Your Polo Shirt
The most important thing you need to be careful about is the fit of your polo shirt. It has to fit right. No excuses there. You just can't get the fit wrong to expect to look good. Now, here’re a few pointers to help you get the fit of your polo shirt right.
- The sleeves of your polo shirt should end at the mid-bicep level.
- Check your neck. Your neck should not look too skinny, and the neck opening of your polo shirt should not be too wide or too tight. It should be comfortable but also wraps nicely around your neck.
- The length of your polo shirt should not cross the halfway down your pants fly.
- It should not be too tight from the sleeves of the chest. You are supposed to feel comfortable, remember?
- If you are someone with a beer belly then never buy a slim fit polo shirt, it will highlight all the wrong parts of your body. Opt for a comfort fit.
- If you have a toned up physique then, of course you can go for a slim fit. However there are no hard rules here, you can also pick a comfort fit if you have broad shoulders.
The Fabric Of Your Polo ShirtThe whole point of wearing polo shirt is staying comfortable. So, the fabric of your polo shirt is equally important as the fit. You should opt for a fabric that's comfortable and breathable.
For Indian climate situation, we recommend you pick either pure cotton, Supima cotton or Rich cotton. These are most comfortable types of fabric, especially in the summers. These are airy, breathable and feels good on the skin.
Urban Lion Polo’s are made of 100% pure cotton or high quality rich cotton. So, when you choose Urban Lion, you don’t have to worry about the fabric quality.
Following fabrics you should avoid at all cost.
- Polyester, they look very cheap.
- Blended, mostly used for uniforms
- Silk, because it bleeds color and when it gets hot and wet.
The most popular knits are Pique knit & Jersey knit.
Pique knit is flexible and very breathable, hence the most popular polo shirt knit.
Jersey knit shirts have a smooth surface that is similar to tees. Most often than not this knit is less expensive than the pique knit. Not the most popular choice and less breathable than a pique knit. However, it depends on your style.
Now that we've covered all the important details you need to know about your polo shirt, let's look at these amazing collection of looks to help you wear your polo shirt in style.